Rely on We Do Kitchens 2 to Find the Best Countertops
One of the most exciting parts of any remodel is picking the finishing touches. You’ll want to find the best cabinets, backsplash, flooring, and countertops. However, countertops are available in many materials, colors, and price points, making it a difficult choice. Thankfully, the We Do Kitchens 2 team is dedicated to helping Milwaukee, WI, homeowners choose the right kitchen countertops for their homes. With our kitchen remodeling package, our design team will discuss your needs while providing recommendations so you can find the best suited countertop for your build. We offer various materials, styles, and colors to fit your desired look. Don’t hesitate to visit or give us a call to schedule a consultation.
What To Consider Before Starting Your Remodel
Your countertops are one of the first things guests will notice when they walk into your kitchen. Further, kitchen countertops need to be functional as well as visually appealing. They take a lot of pressure from day-to-day use. While it’s easy to fall in love with looks, we recommend considering factors such as your lifestyle and budget when choosing new kitchen countertops. Take a look at our list of factors to consider when choosing the right kitchen countertops:
- Set Your Budget – One of the first things you should consider after deciding to get new kitchen countertops is your budget. This will help lead your decision-making in finding the best product without hurting your bottom line. The We Do Kitchens 2 remodeling package starts at $20,995, this includes a selection of countertop options to aid your planning and budgeting.
- Ease of Cleaning – While it might not seem important at first, ease of cleaning is something everyone should consider. You’ll want to avoid stains to ensure your new countertops look stunning for years to come. Ultimately, the ease of cleaning comes down to the material you choose.
- Visually Appealing – Kitchens are the heart of any household. We believe your kitchen should make a statement. While looking at which countertop material or color you want, consider the style and feel of your kitchen after your remodel. Are you looking for something timeless, modern, or warm? These questions will help guide you.
- Durability – Durability is the most crucial aspect of your new countertops. While they may look appealing, they need to be able to function and withstand daily demands. Each material boasts different levels of durability, but we recommend finding a material that best fits your lifestyle.
Explore the Different Kitchen Countertop Materials
When it comes time to decide on what material you want, we recommend considering your habits. Do you cook more often than you order takeout? Would you rather have a pristine countertop than one with natural imperfections? These questions help narrow down what material would be best for you. Take a look at some of the pros and cons of the most popular countertop materials, including:
- Granite – Granite has been a popular countertop material for years. It’s a durable, affordable material that is versatile enough to fit any style. Since granite is a natural stone, no two countertops look the same. Your new granite countertop will take whatever you can toss at it. However, if it’s not sealed correctly, it will absorb moisture and stain.
- Marble – Marble is one of the most popular choices for luxurious kitchens. It’s an expensive material that boasts high heat and stain resistance. Unlike other materials, marble is more susceptible to cracking and chipping and requires high maintenance.
- Quartz – This is the most popular countertop material. Quartz offers unrivaled durability and is nearly maintenance-free. It comes in a wide range of colors and styles but comes with a higher price point than other materials.
- Solid Surface – These are fantastic alternatives to marble countertops. Solid surface countertops are affordable without sacrificing durability. They’re a non-porous material that helps reduce bacteria and is easy to repair if they chip or dent. Unlike their counterparts, solid surface is not as heat resistant, and some chemical cleaners can damage the look of your countertops.
How to Choose the Right Color for Your New Countertops
While choosing what color your new countertop should be may not be at the top of your mind when remodeling your kitchen. However, your color choice will impact your new space’s look, feel, and style. While your countertop needs to be durable enough to withstand day-to-day demands, it should also look stunning. The color you choose will be vital to this. Whether you’re looking for a light natural stone look or a dark slate, each color has its benefits and drawbacks. There is no set guide on what color a countertop should be, and there are factors you should consider, including the size of the space, light levels, and cabinet colors. To help decide what best supports your home, here are some color ideas to consider:
- White Countertops – Regardless of your material choice, white countertops will brighten your kitchen. They work great in smaller kitchens, creating a sense of space and working well with darker-colored cabinets. White countertops are one of the most popular choices.
- Light Textured Countertops – Natural stone and quartz offers bright countertops with intricate patterns. These are on the rise in popularity as they add a sense of depth to any kitchen. Due to the mix of colors possible, they’re more versatile and will work with almost any color scheme.
- Dark Colored Countertops – If you’re looking for a striking dramatic look, you cannot go wrong with dark-colored countertops. They provide a sense of luxury and work well with grey-finished and natural wood cabinets. As a bonus, dark-colored countertops can find stains and chips easier.
- Mix White and Dark Colors – If you’re on the fence between the two, why not combine them? Whether that’s white countertops with dark-colored cabinets or vice versa. This combination adds a sense of sophistication and luxury to any kitchen.
- Textured Countertops – The color you choose makes a statement, but don’t be afraid to add some excitement by opting for material with some texture. The trend is lighter and brighter, and the texture can add much-needed depth without overcomplicating your style.
- Wood Countertops – Nothing adds warmth to a kitchen like earthy colors. Wood is an excellent option in which each piece is unique and gives your kitchen a sense of welcome and honesty.
- Cool Grey Countertops – Grey countertops provide a timeless look and feel to any kitchen. This color is rising in popularity and is an excellent choice for an urban look while keeping the room light and airy.
Schedule Your Free Estimate Today
Finding the right countertop can be overwhelming due to the many factors and choices. We Do Kitchens 2 is dedicated to helping you find the best solution for your kitchen remodeling package. Our experienced designers will work with you through each step of the process. We’ll go through each option weighing their pros and cons. Let us help you find the right countertop for your kitchen remodel. Schedule your free estimate today.